Black Sesame (Goma) Ice Cream
- 60g black sesame paste
- 180ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 70g + 2 tbsp sugar (measure separately)
- 120ml whipping cream
- 1 tbsp ground black sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp of sugar with the black sesame paste until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together 70g sugar and the egg yolks until pale yellow.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until just about to boil.
- Mix the yolks and the milk, adding the milk in small portions (so you don’t end up with scrambled eggs!)
- Pour the mixture (the custard) back into the pan. Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens - it should coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Strain the custard. Mix the custard with the black sesame mixture, adding the custard in small portions (or the mixture will separate).
- Place the bowl over an ice bath to cool, stirring occasionally. Chill the mixture until thoroughly cold.
- Mix the cream and ground sesame seeds into the cold ice cream mixture.
- Churn the ice cream in an ice-cream maker, for around 20 minutes (time may differ according to your machine).
God has many wonderful experiences He wants to give us but He also assigns these experiences to particular season of our lives…..